07 September, 2009

Detective Comic #856


Following my review of Detective Comics #854 and 855 I felt that it was necessary that I keep up with the following issues. Issue #856 was a pretty interesting read, and I really appreciated the suited up lesbians!

While there really wasn't much of a plot development in this issue until the final few pages, I really enjoyed the scene with Kate at her step mother's fundraiser. Instead of the usual ball gown, Kate opted for the trendy tux, and while she did raise a few eye brows, ultimately, she was able to have a dance with a fellow gay girl who also came in a tux.

This part of the comic actually does raise a few question in real life as well. What is a gay girl to wear at formal parties/get together. While dresses are downright uncomfortable, suits, I feel, have yet to made the transition completely across the gay girl section of formal attire. I know that I dislike having to wear dresses for formals (or my frat's inductions) or family parties, but I feel like I have no other option. Of course, one can always opt for the "I'm here.. get used to it" viewpoint and stick to the pants and just stare right back at the people who stare back, unfortunately I have yet to get to that point.

Until then, instead of suiting up, I'll be dressing up! Oh, if only one day I too can pull a Robin Scherbatsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment