21 July, 2009

Positive Lesbian Movies

So I was on Amazon.com and ran into a list of positive lesbian movies. To give you a short run through of the list:

Top 5:
1. Imagine Me & You
2. Fingersmith
3. Nina's Heavenly Delights
4. Rome & Juliet
5. I Can't Think Straight

Top 10:
6. D.E.B.S
7. But I'm a Cheerleader
8. Saving Face
9. It's in the Water
10. When Night is Falling

I've seen 2 from the top 5: Imagine Me & You and Fingersmith, and number 6-8 from the Top 10. This list has now made me interested in finding the other movies that I have already heard of and see what I think of them.

Honestly, I think Saving Face was a much better film than Imagine Me & You. The list is based on the idea that "If you're tired of lesbian movies ending with you wanting to cry, then here's a list of movies that will leave you smiling." Saving Face beats Imagine Me & You with this description. It also has a better story line, better acting, and a better ending. While it's not completely ridiculous, it still is cute (which is not the case at all for Imagine Me & You).

I can't really say if D.E.B.S and BIAC deserve to be on the top 5, since I haven't sen the other movies, but I'd rather have seen D.E.B.S ahead of Imagine Me & You. And I don't see why people like Fingersmith. I thought it was really boring, I could barely get past the first 5 minutes. Maybe it picks up after that, but I didn't watch it long enough to know.

Can't wait until I've seen these movies so that I can modify the list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment